Thursday, July 26, 2012

What You Missed on CraigsList Missed Connections Today

This is serious stuff and not at all a joke!!!! Proceed with caution!
You didn't read every city's Missed Connections section on CraigsList today? Shame on you! Make time for things like that! In case you missed it, here are some highlights of actual quotes from CraigsList Missed Connections in Dallas, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Seattle today.

Dallas


Im in the mood for Starbucks however - m4w* - 34
Im in the mood for Starbucks however Im stuck in the middle of nowhere and I have no way to get to Starbucks. Maybe your in the mood but dont feel like going alone. If you dont mind picking me up, id love to go. Never know you may just find a new coffee buddy. 
I did not think that was the direction the "however" was about to take me.


regular at waffle house? - m4w
Courtney, the new regular knitter. You're gorgeous. Welcome to the awful waffle cast. Im the younger guy of course. Good to meet you. 
Waffle House has regular knitters? Also since they work at the same Waffle House, I feel like this is a blatant Missed Connections foul. When I finally own CraigsList, "younger guy of course" is banned.


SW from SA - w4m** - 40
We sat next to each other on the flight back from business trips. You were starting a new job and we talked pretty much the entire flight. You mentioned that we would do lunch soon.

Just want you to know that I can't wait. What did I look like? 
Really good try with the Missed Connections follow-up, but oh honey : (

Indianapolis


Just looking.... Get at me.... - m4w - 23
I'm looking for ages 18-36 no more than 200lbs not over 5'7 job is a plus drives is a plus own house is a plus but none are neccesories.
Neccesories 2012


Philadelphia


My crop dusting beauty - m4w - 24
You were on the R5 this morning wearing a red dress and you have black hair. On the way off the train I heard you fart and could instantly smell it. You hurried your pace similar to a criminal fleeing the scene of a crime. I was not at all offended by this act and would appreciate it if you get in touch with me. If you work with a woman similar to the description, please forward this to her as I am desperate to get in touch. Type "Lil' Stinker" in subject line if you can help. Thanks. 
This "you farted" tactic is actually quite common. One of my all-time favorite CraigsList Missed Connections posts was entitled "You farted in the bread aisle." However, "Type 'Lil' Stinker' in the subject line" is oddly specific and wonderful.


Seattle

Pretty in Pink - m4w - 36
You pulled up listening to David Bowie, you parked and got out and all I could think was DAAAYAMMM!!! That backend was "ass"tronomical!!!
JUST PHO YOU! - m4w
White pants and heels around 1030...OMG!!! 
Apparently Seattle CraigsList users just discovered puns.

Hair today, Gone tomorrow - w4m
Never have I been so intrigued by an octopus in owl glasses. 
When would that not be intriguing?


Testing Cologne - m4w - 34
I was testing colognes during lunch at the NEX PSNS. As you walked by, I smelled the inside of my elbow and gagged in disgust, which made you laugh. I said something (if you can quote me, I'll know it's you). 
I continued smelling the inside of my elbow for the rest of the day and decided that I prefer it to the scent I sprayed on my wrists. Would like to get your opinion. 
"I continued smelling the inside of my elbow for the rest of the day." THE REST OF THE DAY?! That's way too much inside of the elbow sniffin'!

Since this entire post has been quotes, I feel that closing with one is only appropriate. 
Another day, another thousand missed connections. I wish you a pleasant evening and better morrow full of shameless eye contact with strangers that manifests as an anonymous post on a website. I bid thee adieu.
                             -- William Shakespeare - m4w&mmwweklsaIr***


* This is cool kid vernacular for "man for woman"
** This is cool kid vernacular for "woman for man"
*** This is cool kid vernacular for "man for woman and maybe men will we ever know LOL sonnets am I right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment