Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Today's Top 5


1) Diablo Cody interviews Mindy Kaling here:


I love watching funny people interact and have a major friend crush on both of them. I also can't believe that I still haven't read Kaling's book. 


2) This song by The National

3) These vintage maps for sale. There has been a framed world map on the wall by my family's kitchen table for as long as I can remember, and I'm better at geography for it. Maps are also amazing wall art because they a) are aesthetically interesting, and b) make you look mad global. Here are some examples from the design website Houzz:



4) This TED Talk by Rives entitled "Is 4 am the new midnight?":


Everything he does is this brilliant. I was first introduced to his work at Slam Poetry Night at school when a gangly, pale, red-headed man who I would not think attractive under other circumstances did such a perfect interpretation of this Rives poem that I still get nervous when I see him around campus.


5) I'm adding this Rolling Stone article detailing "Walter White's 10 Lowest Lows" to my reading list for when I get through the fourth season of Breaking Bad. I've been half-way through season two for the past few months because I don't know if I'm mentally tough enough to handle more. In the meantime, I'm on a roll with 30 Rock because of clips like this.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment