Sunday, July 29, 2012

Today's Top 5

1. A shout-out to Rob Kardashian for confirming everything we already thought we knew about him in the episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians I'm currently watching ("Sometimes You Need to Adjust, Part Two"). When asked by his mom, Kris Jenner, about his plans for the day, he responded, "Shower, brush my teeth." AMAZING. I'm adding that puppy to my favorite quotes Hall of Fame.

This has also prompted me to create a Reality Kardashian League, which currently consists of just me. The first question is, "When will Rob finally launch his luxury sock line?" With a work ethic like that, I'm putting my money on Resort Wear 2014. Anyone else?

2. Ronnie Fieg
This 29-year-old footwear enthusiast has been in the business since I was in preschool. I'm late to the party, but he designs some of the coolest shoes I have ever seen. 
Limited Edition Ronnie Fieg x Polo Ralph Lauren Cookie Boots, 2009
If anyone is trying to resell a pair of these, please let me know
RF x Sebago Docksides for Men, purchase here
RF x Sebago Abenaki Boots, purchase here
Buying these if I can still justify it post-Lolla.
Check out his blog to see more of his work.

3. I'm going through my Pandora history and mostly laughing at songs I added as favorites. Let us never forget that period of time where I only listened to terrible things. Also, while I'm getting dark musical secrets off my chest, I once told a panel of interviewers all over the age of 60 to listen to the Dirty Projectors. Sue me. However, while scouring through my filthy past, I rediscovered these gems:
If you're into/interested in freak folk, enjoy! 

4. THIS MISSED CONNECTION


jenny devoe concert.mellow run winery. - m4w - 33

You walked up to me and my girlfriend.and said we where a cute couple.I m black ,my girl is white.hopefully u read this ,then you went back up the deck and waved .
SO MANY THINGS ARE WRONG WITH THIS I LOVE IT. But poor girlfriend :(

5. Tavi Gevinson's TED Talk




This 15-year-old fashion blogger/phenom is the founder of Rookie Mag, an online zine for teenage girls. (Its Ask a Grown Man with Jon Hamm and Judd Apatow videos gained viral popularity earlier this year.)

While the whole talk is awesome, I especially like this golden nugget:
In actuality, women are complicated. Women are multi-faceted; not because women are crazy, but because people are crazy, and women happen to be people.
I wish she went to high school with me. I was so excited to see her on the cover of the NY Times Style Section today, which you can read here. Heck, while I'm at it, #FF @tavitulle. Even though it's Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Never underestimate the importance of showering and brushing teeth. I sometimes find people who skip these necessities , and the result is not good! Way to go Rob!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete